In the midst of all my obsessive love over the Sunburst Granny Blanket, I thought I'd revisit the never-forgotten, never-finished, never-ending Bed of Roses Blanket. I started this back in September and my hopes were that I'd finish it up by Christmas as a triumphant "Happy Christmas to ME!" present. But, no. I'm now going to consider it a miracle if this blanket is done before my birthday (the end of May, if you're curious. Don't bother with presents, money or cards: just send yarn). And honestly, I'll be delighted if it's done within a year of it's original start date.
Honestly, I don't have that much left to go...
I can whole heartedly recommend this yarn.... for other projects. I just didn't realize what I was getting into with this blanket. It's extremely silky and luxurious, which is pretty much exactly what I'm going for. But not exactly easy to work with, so almost not worth the trouble. Almost. :)
|Yes, that's a tool box being used as a dresser. And yes, that's a nerf gun on top.|
We're either super cool or super lame.
I haven't decided yet.
As of Today, the stats of the blanket go something like this:
There are 8 squares across and I'm 2 squares into the 6th row. I have all of my flowers made for that row, I just have to turn them into squares and join-as-I-go. It's my intention to make this blanket 8 squares across and 8 rows deep, but we'll see. I may poop out at 7 rows deep (likely) and throw a border on it. I have a tendency to see a glimmer of hope at the end and say "good enough!" and then I'm done.
...like this blog post.